How To Flash a target using a .dfu file
This is a guide on how to manually flash the firmware provided as DFU file using ST DFUSE tools.
To manually flash firmware using ST DFUSE tools, get a copy of ST DFUSE tools.
Install the DFUSE tools.
Put your device in bootloader mode. This can be accomplished by pressing a certain combination of buttons. It depends on the particular hardware that you are using.
- Start the STDFU Tester application.
- Select the "Protocol" tab.
- Press the "Create from Map" button.
- Select the "Erase" radio button option.
- Press the "Go" button.
- Wait for the erase process to complete.
- Start the DFUSE Demo Application
- Locate the .dfu file located in the device firmware update .zip file.
Note: If the .dfu file does not exist in the .zip file. It can be created following the instructions here.
- Click the "Choose" button then the "Update" button.
- Toggle the devices power.